Special occasion pies are beloved by all, but they can be particularly challenging to do well. This year, forego the store-bought pie and become a baking master with pie enthusiast, Devlin Mannle. Devlin shares his mother’s recipe for the perfect flaky pie crust, walking you through every step just like he’s in the kitchen beside you. You’ll learn tips and tricks for handling and rolling out the dough, as well as several traditional and decorative pie crust designs that will impress your guests, like lattice crust, cut outs and pretty crimped edges.
- Perfectly mix pie dough
- Handle and roll out dough
- Transfer dough to pie pan
- Create decorative edges, like a fluted “pinched” edge or a forked edge
- Add cut-out shapes to the top of the pie
- Create a lattice crust
- Create a traditional closed top crust