Who can resist these friendly faces?! It’s easy to bring out their personalities using Decorator Preferred Fondant and the Leaf and Oval Fondant Double Cut-Out Sets to cut and arrange simple shapes.
– 1 ounce Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Natural Colors Multi Pack
– 24 ounces White Decorator Preferred Fondant
– Color Right Performance Color System (see Colors Tinted below)
– 5 cups batter used Favorite cupcake mix or recipe (makes 24 cupcakes)
– 3 cups White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing – 4.5 lb. Tub
– Or 3 cups Buttercream Icing Recipe
– Roll-N-Cut Mat Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat
– 9 in. Fondant Roller (pink guide rings used)
– Circle Metal Cookie Cutter
– Tip: 1A
– Leaves Double Cut-Outs Set (“C” size used)
– 5-Pc. Decorating Brush Set
– 6-Pc. Oval Double Cut-Outs Set
– 12-cup Standard Muffin Pan
– Cooling Grid Easy
– 12 in. Disposable Decorating
– Tip: 1M
Make beaver topper.
Use fondant roller with pink guide rings to roll out, separately, dark brown, light brown, black and white fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut dark brown head with circle cutter. Use narrow end of tip 1A to cut two dark brown ears.
Use leaf cut-out “C” to cut two whiskers. Score texture lines with toothpick. Use damp brush to attach whiskers to head. Use oval cut-out “F” to cut black nose and narrow end of tip 1A to cut two black eyes. Attach with damp brush. For teeth, use knife to cut a rectangle, 1 1/8 in. x 5/8 in. Use leaf cut-out “C” to cut curve to fit whiskers. Trim teeth at an angle to measure 7/8 in. wide at bottom. Mark center line with toothpick. Attach teeth. For eye highlights, roll two 1/8 in. white balls; attach.
Make fondant skunk.
Roll out separately black, white and pink fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut black head with circle cutter. Use leaf cut-out “F” to cut four black shapes. Use damp brush to attach two shapes for eye backgrounds to head, positioning one upside down. For ears, cut off 1/2 in. from tip of each shape; attach small piece to head, positioning one upside down.
Use circle cutter to cut shape for top of head. Use leaf cut-out “C” to cut curve to fit eye backgrounds; attach. Use narrow end of tip 1A to cut white eyes. Cut white rectangle for hair tuft, 5/8 in. x 3/4 in.; cut slits. Use oval cut-out “F” to cut pink nose. Attach nose, eyes and hair tuft. For pupils, roll two 3/8 in. black balls; flatten and attach to eyes. For eye highlights, roll two 1/8 in. white balls; attach.
Make fondant squirrel
Tint fondant winter purple following color formula above. Roll out separately, purple, white and black fondant, 1/16 in. thick. Use circle cutter to cut purple head.
Use oval cut-out “F” to cut two purple ears and one white inside ear. Move oval cut-out to cut off half of white piece. Attach ears to head. Use leaf cut-out “C” to cut two shapes for eye backrounds. Attach to head, positioning one upside down. Use narrow end of tip 1A to cut two black eyes. Use oval cut-out “F” to cut black nose. Attach eyes and nose.